The adult volunteers met after camp to go over evaluations and to select a new theme for next year based upon girl suggestions. Next year’s theme will be: Oh, the Places We’ll Go!
A change in payment policy was also discussed to better serve girls on waiting lists. For next year, a non-refundable $25 deposit is required within 2 weeks of registration to reserve a spot. If payment is not received by that time, the camper will be moved to the waiting list. Final payments will be due on May 1st. This date will be adjusted if Virtual Program Credit is delayed for any reason. The committee feels that, with these changes, we can serve more girls and not have “ghosts” on our camp attendance rosters.
Don’t forget that is is not too soon to get started on a design for next year’s camp T-shirt and patch.
Camp went by so fast this year, I can’t wait to see Oh, the Places We’ll Go!
Here is what we need for Monday — we are swimming!!!
- a sack lunch (only drink needed is water bottle – sugary drinks attract bugs)
- bring your swimsuit and towel for swimming
- you might want to include plastic bag for a wet suit
Some girls like to wear their swimsuits underneath their clothes in the morning. After they swim, they will put back their clothes — if they do this, make sure they have packed their underwear! 🙂
|What to Bring in a Small backpack or bag everyday!
Please mark each item with your camper’s name!!
- a refillable water bottle
- a mess kit OR a non-breakable plate, cup, fork and spoon
- a mesh bag with a drawstring to hang dishes on a line (lingerie bag from $ store works well)
- something to sit on (sit upon or bleacher cushion—chairs are too heavy to carry around)
- hat or bandana (girls will be given a bandana the first day of camp)
- a rain coat or poncho (small emergency rain poncho from K-Mart or Target is just $1
- sun block and bug spray (non-aerosol – everyone must have their own)
Please dress your camper for the weather. Layers are always appropriate.
Shoes should be closed toe and heel. NO SANDALS
T-shirts with short sleeve or longer – NO Tank/Halter/Tube TOPS
We’re in the woods, so long pants are advised, but shorts are OK. It will be cooler than in direct sun most of the day as camp is amidst the shade trees.
Send rain gear every day. No umbrella’s please.
Check your email for a message from the Girl Scout Office with the subject line: “Cookie Program Credits.”
If you would like to apply some or all of these credits to daycamp, simply forward the email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate how much you would like to apply toward your balance.
We are aware that Program Credit has not come out, yet — yes it is Virtual this year! When is does come out, we will email detailed instructions on how to redeem it for day camp.
We met as a planning committee last evening, and I can tell you that we have some great things planned for camp this year!
We will soon be meeting to assign unit colors and then create confirmation letters. We expect them to be in the mail sometime after May 10th.
It is exciting that camp is getting so close!
The T-Shirt/Patch Design Contest deadline has been extended to April 19th at noon.
See the Entry Page for more details.